Minneapolis, Minnesota — July 27, 2010 — CollegeRecruiter.com, the leading job board for college students hunting for internships and recent graduates looking for entry-level jobs and other career opportunities, announced today that it has completed its fifth major update since launching in 1996. The newest version of the site takes advantage of integration opportunities which were not available even a couple of years ago such as sharing login information with social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook and user generated content with a variety of other sites. Key features of the new CollegeRecruiter.com are:
- The new Web 2.0 site emphasizes user generated content and facilitates interaction between job seekers, employers, career counselors, and others. At the same time, CollegeRecruiter.com has preserved the ability of job seekers to search and apply to job posting ads.
- Candidates will now search for jobs, click on posting summaries, and immediately be taken to the web sites of the employers to both read the posting and apply to it.
- Candidates can post profiles on CollegeRecruiter.com and employers and others may review those and contact the candidates directly — at no charge.
- CollegeRecruiter.com anticipates that it will continue to see hundreds of thousands of unique visitors per month from its primary target markets of job seekers and employers but will now also see significant use and great content from college career service office professionals, career counselors, resume writers, admissions counselors and more.
- CollegeRecruiter.com employees have already built hundreds of Employer Spotlight pages for the top employers of college students and recent grads. The current job openings of those employers will automatically appear on those Spotlight pages … even if the employer has not paid CollegeRecruiter.com to do so.
- Video, video, video! Employers and other users may post videos at no charge, helping them better connect with job seekers.
- Finally, CollegeRecruiter.com has also updated its corporate structure so that its parent company is now known as CollegeRecruiter.com Holdings, Inc. and that organization owns two subsidiaries: CR Direct, Inc., which delivers the targeted emails and cell phone text messaging campaigns, and CollegeRecruiter.com, LLC, which delivers everything else including job postings and banners.
CollegeRecruiter.com is the leading job board for college students hunting for internships and recent graduates looking for entry level jobs and other career opportunities. CollegeRecruiter.com features hundreds of thousands of job openings and tens of thousands of pages of employment-related blogs, articles, podcasts, and videos. For more information, please visit http://www.CollegeRecruiter.com.