The International Association for Human Resource Information Management (IHRIM) is hosting a full-day preparation course Feb. 18 to help human resources information management practitioners prepare for its new Certified Human Resources Information Professional (HRIP) exam.
The 90-minute exam is designed to assess the knowledge and competencies of professionals in the HR technology field. Passing the exam indicates a demonstrated comprehensive understanding and proficiency of the defined body of knowledge in HR information management.
The preparation course is ideal for HR technology professionals with three to five years of experience who are unsure if they have the breadth of knowledge needed to pass the exam. Attendees will learn:
1. Technology Strategy and Solution Assessment: Focuses on determining business needs when creating strategic plans for the design and deployment of HR technology and service delivery models for the enterprise.
2. HR Technology and Business Processes: Focuses on the technologies and HR processes that support HR service delivery, and the use and advantages of technology and systems throughout the HR function.
3. Systems Selections, Implementations and Upgrades: Focuses on systems selection, implementation and upgrade methodologies, and best practices to keep HR systems plans on track and improve chances for success.
4. HR Systems Operations: Focuses on the ongoing processes involved in HR systems management, maintenance and operational considerations.
The preparation course will be held from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Earle Browne Heritage Center, 6155 Earle Brown Dr., in Brooklyn, Minn. Jacqueline Kuhn, founder and president of Kuhn Consulting Group, will lead the session. Kuhn is past chair of IHRIM and has spent 25 years in the HR and IT professions, focusing on delivery of HR solutions through technology enablement.
• One day of intensive education
• Exclusive learning environment with an expert in the HRMS disciplines
• All course materials
• Continental breakfast, lunch and breaks
• An electronic copy of the HRIP Examination Study Guide
• One free practice exam
• Glossary of HR technology terms
The exam itself will be held twice on Friday, Mar. 26 at Imation Corporation, 1 Imation Place, in Oakdale, Minn. The morning exam will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. and the afternoon exam is from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Registration begins 30 minutes prior to each test.
To register for the preparation course, visit www.IHRIM.org and click on the “Professional Certification” link. IHRIM members pay $595 and non-members pay $750. To receive these benefits PLUS the application and Mar. 26 exam fees, members pay $725 and non-members pay $955 – a savings of $195.
There will be a $75 cancellation fee for all cancellations prior to Feb. 4, 2010, and no refunds will be issued after that date. If you need to cancel after the cancellation deadline, substitutes are allowed or you will be issued a credit in the amount paid for use on a future Webinar.
Since 1980, the International Association for Human Resource Information Management (IHRIM), the world’s leading HRIM clearinghouse, has been uniting a dynamic group of practitioners, vendors, consultants, students and faculty to share best practices and the latest technological trends. Through membership, educational programming, listservs, CORE, certification, networking forums and IHRIM’s annual conference, HRIM professionals can receive valuable knowledge that will enhance both their own careers and their companies’ success.