Washington, DC — June 3, 2010 — Inform, the global leader in analytics and workforce planning, today announced that the firm is the premier sponsor of the Human Capital Institute’s 2nd Annual Workforce Planning Conference, taking place on June 14-16, 2010 in Chicago, IL.
Since the economic downturn began, businesses have faced unprecedented levels of uncertainty, especially in planning for future workforce capacity and capability. While many firms see the rebounding economy as an opportunity to build competitive advantage by acquiring top talent, this effort must be driven by strategic workforce planning aligned with business strategy.
Chaired by Dave Willis, Inform’s Senior Vice President of Member Services, HCI’s 2010 Workforce Planning Conference brings together leading-edge business perspectives from executives at Comcast, WellPoint, Devon Energy, International Paper, Boeing, Holcim, Mars Inc., Canadian Pacific Railway, and Santos to address key challenges facing workforce planning professionals today:
1. Integrating workforce planning with key corporate functions, senior management, and the Board
2. Moving from short-term staffing plans to long-term strategic workforce planning
3. Building strategic workforce plans that incorporate multiple scenarios and critical roles
4. Mitigating future workforce risks
“We are delighted to partner with the Human Capital Institute on what promises to be a robust, thought-provoking look at how the world’s leading experts on workforce planning are delivering tremendous value to their organizations,” said Brian Kelly, President of Inform Business Impact. “Inform’s reputation for delivering innovative solutions to the workforce planning marketplace gives us the opportunity to share numerous success stories with the business leaders attending this unique event.”
Highlights of the Event Include:
• Pre-Conference Workforce Planning Workshop (Monday, June 14th): Bill Gilmyers, Senior Consultant with Inform, will deliver a pre-conference workshop titled “How Ready is Your Organization for Workforce Planning?”
• Santos: A Business Risk Management Approach to Workforce Planning (Tuesday, June 15th): Santos’ Tracey O’Pray and Inform’s Brian Kelly will share the highs and lows of how her organization identified key risks and critical job roles as part of a workforce planning process intended to support new energy projects.
• Comcast: Driving ROI on Technology Through Workforce Analytics (Wednesday, June 16th): Hear from Comcast’s Bill Strahan on how one of the world’s leading communications companies has integrated data from HR, Finance, and Operations to drive tangible business impact.
• WellPoint: Analytics, Modeling and Forecasting: Combining Business, Finance and Workforce Data to Deliver Insight to the Business (Wednesday, June 16th): WellPoint’s David Ibarra will share how his HR function is taking a business-focused approach to studying the “what if?” of workforce issues.
• Inform’s Networking Reception (Tuesday, June 15th): Join your fellow attendees and the Inform team for a lively end-of-day networking reception.
For the complete program listing and to register, visit the Conference homepage.
Inform Business Impact is the global leader in analytics and workforce planning. Over the 28 years since its founding in 1982, Inform’s brilliant and highly experienced leadership team has crafted a rich set of analytics and workforce planning applications anchored by unique intellectual capital. Inform now serves more than 130 customers with their applications and strategic consulting, including 24 of the Fortune 500, such as Comcast, BHP Billiton, Starbucks, MetLife, and many others. To learn more, visit www.informimpact.com.
Inform Workforce Planning is a comprehensive application that includes “what-if” financial modeling, strategic business analysis and scenario development, demand forecasting, supply modeling, gap analysis, impact modeling, and action planning. Together with strategic consulting services, Inform enables senior executives to identify and manage costly risks caused by a shortage of talent in critical job roles.
On February 4, 2010, Inform and SuccessFactors, Inc., the global leader in Business Execution Software, announced that they had entered into a definitive agreement under which SuccessFactors will acquire Inform. The acquisition is expected to close in Q3 2010, subject to customary closing conditions. For more information please visit www.successfactors.com/inform.
This press release was distributed through PR Web by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.